One wonderful blue dress...

When my daughter was about 8 months (last summer) I'd crocheted her a nice blue dress and a summer hat.

The yarn I used was not thin (crochet # 2,5-3) so I used simple double crochet to make the dress yoke.

I planned to create not a very flared skirt of the dress, as I was lack of the yarn, so I decided to use bow-shaped design in the middle and pineapple style for the skirt hem.
That is why the dress's shape resembles narrow trapezium.

The back of the yoke - a kind of plank with 3 childish buttons.
The middle of the dress and the skirt I crocheted round by round so there are no side seams.


The hat I crocheted using double stitches.
These 6 edges are formed with relief or raised double stitches.
The border of eaves - simle arches of chains and single crochet (stitch).


This is my princess in her new costume.



P.S.
Sometimes I think it's a pity that children grow so fast. Now Margarita is almost 1,8 years and we gave the costume to our small 6 months old cousin.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий