rug for a child

One day I've bought some red and yellow yarn balls (wool) just because they were very cheap. But I couldn't imagine what can I do with them, so after some deep thoughts I decided to crochet a rug for my daughter to play on it.
As I had only two colors I decided to combine them in one pattern (piece). I chose that one.
I crocheted 32 pieces with red heart in yellow square and 32 pieces with yellow heart in red square.
After that I crocheted them together in lines of 8 pieces and got 8 lines.
Then I just crocheted that lines together too.
I also had the remains of yarn like "grass", very furry, so I decided to decorate my rug with that yarn.
The size of the rug is abt 110cm*110cm
We use it as a bedding in baby carriage when we go for a walk or as a counterpane at home.



If you have any questions, please ask)))

the rug


the face


the back side

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 коммент.:

Mary Grace McNamara комментирует...

Very clever and so bright and cheerful for your daughter! What a wonderful way to use up some good wool.

MGM

Anastasia Myshkina комментирует...

Thanx and by the way the rug will be more bright and cheerful if one uses yarn remains of more than two different colors.
That is the way to teach a child the names of simple colors for example. (lol, I'm a teacher so I judge from this side)

Отправить комментарий