The very beginning :)

Hello there))
This is my first post and I want to tell you about my grandmather, who taught me to love fancywork.
When I was a small girl I visited my grandma every summer holidays. Her village was very far from the city and there were no good roads, no phones, but only wooden houses, green forests and clean lakes.
I remembered that every summer there were a lot of scary thunderstorms as if they were "attracted" by the plenty of waterbodies or the lowness of the country place (geologists says that the big area of the country place (several big villages) stayed on a big underground lake which attracted nasty weather like a magnet).
So that thunderstorms were really powerful but I loved them because at that time (the only time she had nothing to do in her garden) our grandma taught me and my cousins to knit and crochet .
She had very old even ancient vintage hooks and needles. She crocheted very beautiful lacy things and I always dreamed to create such beauty. Times passed and I'd almost forgot about crocheting, finished school, graduated from the university, married. I remembered of it when I became pregnant and had to spend some weeks in a hospital. There I began to crochet and knit some clothes for my future baby and for me and that was a real surprise for me when I realised that I remember all that I learnt from my grandma. I never forgot that. My grandma Anna is now 79 years old, she doesnt crochet anymore, because she has poor eyesight and her hands are not flexible, but she still gives me great ideas and I really appreciate this. I love her so much and want to tell THANK YOU, GRANDMA for having taught me to love the beautiful!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 коммент.:

Mary Grace McNamara комментирует...

Hello Anastasia! I found your blog through your entry in the knittinghelp forum on the cute crocheted hat and that darling picture of your chubby cheeked baby! I love reading how different people began doing their favorite handwork. My grandmother taught me to crochet also, when I was about 8 years old.

The little blue dress you made for your precious little girl is so cute. You do very nice work.

I look forward to reading more about your handiwork as you continue your blog.

MGM

Anastasia Myshkina комментирует...

thx, hope you'll get pleasure to read my blog and find here new knitting facts and ideas)))

Отправить комментарий